Snacks on the Go
I want to touch upon the topic of snacks. I have trialed several different types throughout the years and have found some to work better than others. In the real world, it is not easy to make time for extra meals. I want to quickly provide several different easy and portable options that can help fight the cravings throughout the day while supplying good nutritional content:
1. Egg Whites (1 large): 4-5g protein, no fat or cholesterol.
2. Fat-free cottage cheese (1 cup): 15 g protein, no fat, low cholesterol, low sugar.
3. Canned tuna (1 can = 2.8 oz): 18g protein, no sugars, no saturated fat, 1g carb.
4. Natural peanut butter (2 tbsp): 16 g fat with 12 g coming from monounsaturated fat (“good fat”), low sugar, 7-8g protein.
5. Whole natural almonds (18g = 100 calorie pack): 9g fat with only 0.5g saturated fat (“bad fat”), 4g protein, no cholesterol, low sugar, 4g protein.
***Number of grams per item may vary depending on portion sizes and brand type.